Some amazing CBD Recipes you can think of
How does infusing all of your favorite recipes with CBD sound? If it sounds sensational – thats because it is. The beauty of cooking with CBD is that you can turn average recipes into five-star bragging rights that youll share with the entire neighborhood. Taking supplements can be just as hard as eating healthy, but cooking with CBD makes both easy. When it comes to cooking with CBD, the possibilities are endless. So why not start with this CBD pesto recipe and find out for yourself why everyone is getting excited about cooking with CBD.
How to Make CBD Infused Pesto
This modern take on an Italian classic will have you coming back for more. CBD infused pesto is perfect for a nice relaxing dinner with the family or keeping your diet on track as a meal-prep sauce.
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts (Toasted for Extra Flavor)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 cups Basil Leaves
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil (Infuse with CBD First)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 gram CBD Isolate
How to Infuse Pesto with CBD
- Infuse your CBD isolate with your olive oil using the double boiling method.
- With the water at a low boil, add the olive oil to the pot and then pour your CBD isolate into the olive oil.
- Stir until oil is clear. The CBD isolate should not be visible when you go to add it to the recipe. See recipe notes for more information on the double boiling method.
Make CBD Infused Pesto
- Add basil leaves, parmesan, pine nuts, and garlic to your food processor or blender.
- Blend / Pulse dry ingredients until finely minced.
- Slowly drizzle in your CBD infused olive oil while ingredients continue to mix. Make sure your food processor or blender is set to low. The idea behind this process is to mix in the CBD infused olive oil slowly.
- Add in your seasonings and continue to blend on high until all ingredients are mixed.
- Be sure to taste test and make adjustments along the way as needed.
How do you Infuse Pesto with CBD?
There are two ways to infuse pesto with CBD.
- CBD Isolate. Many people wonder how to use CBD isolate. Infusing food and drinks is one fun way to use CBD isolate. Pure CBD isolate is 99% pure CBD and is perfect for making your own CBD products. To make a CBD infused pesto with CBD isolate youll have to infuse it with a carrier oil. We recommend using olive oil as your carrier oil for this pesto recipe.
Not sure how to infuse CBD isolate with a carrier oil? Check out our complete guide to infusing CBD here.
- CBD oil. Using CBD oil is super easy! Most CBD oil tinctures on the market utilize coconut MCT oil as a base and are ready to mix with just about any food or drink. Simply drop the desired amount of CBD oil in with your smoothie ingredients and blend well.
This whole process should take 10-20 minutes (20 if youre using CBD isolate powder). If you enjoy this recipe please share your experience with us on social media @bloomhemp
Why We Love Cooking With CBD
Being healthy isn’t easy. Sure, once you have a routine down and you’ve built up some discipline living healthy becomes a part of your lifestyle. But if a healthy lifestyle is so easy to maintain people wouldnt flex about it on Instagram. Meal-prepping, cooking for yourself, buying healthy groceries and supplements, finding time to stay active, all of these require effort. An effort inspired by a drive to be better.
This is why we love cooking with CBD. Cooking with CBD inspires you to make healthier choices, provides a healthy boost of its own to each recipe, and gives you one less supplement to worry about. Local eateries and established chains alike are experimenting with adding CBD to their menus across America. But between head-scratching ingredient lists and exorbitant prices, cooking with CBD yourself is always a better option.
The best part of being your own CBD chef – each recipe is personally tailored. From fruit-smoothies to steak sauce, the limits to cooking with CBD are only your imagination.
How to Cook with CBD
Once you start cooking with CBD, youll quickly realize how easy it is to infuse most of your favorite recipes with CBD. Below weve highlighted everything you need to know about cooking with CBD.
Cook with CBD oil
CBD oil tinctures that utilize coconut MCT oil as a base are ready-made to infuse with your favorite recipes. Simply drop the desired dose of CBD oil in with your ingredients as instructed per recipe. Flavorless CBD oil tinctures are preferable for cooking with CBD because they blend seamlessly with the flavors of each dish. This is all you need to know to make edibles with CBD oil. Browse our list of CBD recipes below for more clarity on how to make edibles with CBD oil.
How to Cook with CBD Isolate
Cooking with CBD isolate is one of the most affordable and effective ways to use cannabidiol. Cooking with CBD isolate requires that you first infuse the pure CBD with a carrier oil. This process makes infusing most foods with CBD possible. Once your CBD isolate is infused with a carrier oil, it is ready to cook with.
Check out our detailed guides to the double boiling method, CBD isolate, and carrier oils below:
- A Guide to The Double Boiling Method
- The Ultimate Guide to CBD Isolate
- Everything You Need to Know About Carrier Oils
Tips for Cooking with CBD
Cooking with CBD is easy but here are a couple of key tips thatll help you be better at cooking with CBD.
- Temperature Matters – We use the double boiling method when cooking with CBD isolate to control the temperature. CBD will activate and burn off at high temperatures, so be sure to keep this in mind when cooking with CBD. One way to play it safe is to use CBD to make sauces, glazes, and frosting to avoid overheating CBD.
- Plan Ahead – If you’re cooking with CBD isolate plan ahead. Taking the time to infuse CBD isolate with a carrier oil before each recipe can be time-consuming. Consider infusing all of your CBD isolate with the carrier oil of your choice ahead of time. This way, all you have to do is store your CBD in the fridge and measure it out when its time to cook.
Meal-Prepping with CBD
Tired of being in a pinch at lunch? Start meal-prepping with CBD! If some variation of chicken and rice is your go-to meal-prep solution meal-prepping with CBD is easy. Adding a CBD infuse sauce to the mix is all you need to take your meal-prep to the next level.
How to Make a CBD Infused Meal-Prep Sauce
To make a CBD infused sauce, you will first need to make the sauce. Once the ingredients are well-mixed simply add the desired amount of CBD oil to the mix and continue to stir at low heat (feel free to turn the stove off after 5-10 minutes). Once the CBD oil mixes into the sauce simply pour your CBD infused sauce into a container to store in the fridge. Add this CBD infused sauce to any meal anytime. Be sure to add the sauce after you warm up the food so that you dont risk burning off any of the CBD.
Looking for More Information on Cooking with CBD?
Get in touch with us! We love hearing from you. Wed be happy to answer any questions and help you start cooking with CBD.