With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it’s time to start planning and preparing for this year’s festivities. 2020 has been a tough year for everyone, so we are thankful for this opportunity to share CBD holiday recipes and how to use CBD powder that can make everyone’s get together just a little bit better. Whether you’re trying to add a healthy kick, or you just want to leave the whole family resting happily in a food coma, this CBD infused gravy recipe is undeniably best Thanksgiving gravy.
What is CBD Infused?
We’ll get to the CBD infused gravy recipe in a moment, but let’s get some of the confusion surrounding CBD out of the way. One of the questions we get all the time is, “what is CBD infused?”
With all of the different CBD types out there, it’s easy to understand how some of the phrases and terms get people mixed up. CBD infused generally refers to anything that has CBD added. However, most of the time, when you hear “CBD infused,” it refers to edible CBD or a recipe that requires you to infuse CBD with the rest of the ingredients. There are a lot of other CBD isolate recipes you can try.
Now that you understand what is CBD infused, you’re probably wondering how do I infuse CBD?
Infusing CBD is easier than you’d expect, and once you know how to infuse CBD, you might find yourself adding it to every meal. Infusing your CBD is the most critical step in any CBD holiday recipe. How you’ll infuse your CBD depends on the recipe, but the most common way is the double boiling method.
The double boiling method is a heat control technique that allows you to infuse CBD isolate with a carrier oil. We prefer using coconut MCT oil as our CBD carrier oil when cooking. Coconut MCT oil is mostly tasteless and works well with CBD, making it the perfect oil for infusing any CBD holiday recipe.
What is CBD Infused Explained: The Double Boiling Method
The double boiling method works by placing a smaller pot inside a larger pot and boiling water in the larger pot to heat the smaller pot. Once your water is boiling, lower the heat slightly, add your carrier oil, and CBD isolate to the smaller pot. Stir until the isolate is no longer visible. Remember, if CBD isolate gets above 356°, it will begin to lose potency.
Take your CBD infused MCT oil and set it aside. Although infusing our CBD is the first step in this gravy recipe, it will be one of the last ingredients we add. Now that our CBD is ready, we can get started on this delicious CBD holiday recipe.
CBD Infused Gravy Recipe
What You’ll Need for this CBD Holiday Recipe:
- CBD Isolate (1/2 gram)
- Coconut MCT Oil (2 tbsp)
- Butter (3 tablespoons)
- Flour (3 tablespoons)
- Turkey Stock (16oz)
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- Turkey Drippings (for taste!)
How to make CBD infused Thanksgiving Gravy:
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to a small pot or pan
- Melt the Butter
- Add equal parts (3 tablespoons) Flour
- Stir butter and flour at low/medium heat until it becomes a roux
- Slowly add warm turkey stock (each time you add turkey stock you should also add some turkey drippings to enhance the flavor)
- Continue stirring while you mix in turkey stock to maintain thickness
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Finally, once your gravy is almost ready add your CBD and stir well.
The Best of CBD Thanksgiving Recipes: Infused Thanksgiving Gravy
Making Thanksgiving gravy is easier than you’d expect. Unlike some generic recipes, this gravy recipe is dripping with flavor, making it one of the best CBD holiday recipes out there. This CBD infused gravy recipe calls for ½ a gram of CBD isolate, but you can use as much or as little as you’d like. Just be aware – you’re post-Thanksgiving dinner slumber might be a bit longer than usual.
The trick to making a good thanksgiving gravy is ensuring that your gravy compliments the rest of the course. That’s why we use turkey stock AND turkey drippings in this gravy recipe. The flavors from the turkey will make this Thanksgiving gravy one to remember.
Every CBD Thanksgiving recipe starts the same way; you’ll need to begin by infusing your CBD with a carrier oil. After you’ve infused your CBD with an oil, you’re ready to begin.
CBD Infused Gravy Recipe (Steps Explained)
- Once you melt your butter, you’ll add equal parts flour and stir the two ingredients at a low or medium heat until they form a roux. A roux is flour and fat cooked together to thicken sauces.
- Once you have a roux, incrementally add warm turkey stock and some of your turkey drippings to the pot. Stir the ingredients to maintain a slight thickness to your gravy. (If your gravy becomes too runny – let it simmer for a couple of minutes.)
- After 10-15 minutes, your gravy should almost be ready to go! Feel free to add your salt and pepper to taste. Once your gravy’s flavor and consistency are as you like it, add your CBD and stir well at low heat.
- With your CBD stirred into your Thanksgiving gravy, it is ready to go. Turn off the heat and prepare to WOW your friends and family with the best gravy they’ve ever tasted.
More CBD Holiday Recipes
With this CBD infused gravy recipe under your belt, it’s safe to call you an experienced CBD chef. Now that you know how to infuse CBD with a carrier oil, you can make even more CBD holiday recipes. For most recipes, all you’ll need to do is add your CBD infused carrier oil with the rest of your ingredients. Keep in mind that the boiling point for CBD is 356°F, so you’ll want to make sure you don’t overheat it in order to maintain full potency.
Our blog is your resource for free CBD-infused recipes, including CBD holiday recipes. If you enjoyed this CBD infused gravy recipe and you’re looking for another CBD holiday recipe, infused sauce or even CBD infused smoothie, Bloom has you covered.
Of course, if you plan on making this Thanksgiving gravy or any other CBD recipe, you’ll need all of the ingredients. Pure CBD isolate is the best type of CBD for cooking and is always available on our website. Not only is Bloom the best place to buy CBD isolate online, but we are also the best place to find all of the resources you’ll need about how to use CBD isolate, how to infuse CBD isolate, and more!
Before You Go
Sign in and share this CBD infused gravy recipe to earn points towards future discounts and savings on every order!