The Best DIY CBD Projects for 2020
When it comes to CBD, the first question on everyone’s mind is simple – “How do you use CBD Isolate?”
No matter how much CBD you’re taking, being stuck at home for the majority of 2020 is rough on all of us. Once you run through Netflix and Hulu – you know that it’s time to find a new hobby or at least something to do to keep yourself busy. Luckily for you, there are more ways to use CBD isolate than you probably thought. The list of things you can make with pure CBD isolate powder is an endless one. From homemade lotions to post-workout recovery smoothies, CBD isolate is the most versatile CBD product on the market. You’d probably ask, does CBD isolate have THC? CBD isolate, as the name suggests, is the isolated and purest form of cannabidiol, containing no THC.
Before we get into the fun stuff, we need to go over a couple of things you’ll need to know before getting started. The first thing you need to know is that most projects that use CBD isolate include the Double Boiling Method. We’ll also give a quick breakdown of isolate definition and a few other relevant hemp terms.
Isolate Definition: Isolate or isolates are the purest versions of any plant compound. All cannabinoids can be extracted and refined to a point of total purity. CBG Isolate, CBN isolate, and CBD isolate are all the purest available versions of these cannabinoids.
Double Boiling Method: The Double Boiling Method is a heat control technique traditionally utilized in cooking that allows you to infuse any hemp isolate with a carrier oil of your choice.
Carrier Oil: Carrier oils are food-derived oils that act as a delivery system that enhances your body’s ability to absorb cannabinoids and other plant compounds.
The Double Boiling Method
The double boiling method is a simple cooking technique used to cook and blend foods at low and indirect heat. The double boiling method works by taking a large pot filled about 1/4 full with water and then placing a smaller pot that sits above the water inside. The smaller pot is used to heat whatever you’re cooking without overheating it. In this case, we are heating up a carrier oil to blend our CBD isolate with. The double boiling method is simple, nnce the water begins to boil, add your MCT oil and CBD isolate to the pot, and stir until the isolate is no longer visible. This infused carrier oil is your ready to use CBD isolate.
CBD Carrier Oils
Carrier oils help deliver CBD to the body in a way that is easier to absorb or help infuse foods with CBD. There are a few different carrier oils to choose from, each with their own benefits. The most popular carrier oil for CBD is coconut MCT oil.
- MCT Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Olive Oil
- Almond Oil
- Hemp Oil
- Flaxseed Oil
Double Boiling Directions
- Fill larger pot 1/4 – 1/2 full with water
- Place on stove and bring to a light boil/simmer
- Place smaller pot inside larger pot – sitting a couple of inches above water (You don’t want direct heat here)
- Pour 1-2 ounces of carrier oil into the smaller pot
- Pour desired amount of CBD isolate powder into carrier out (typically 1-2 grams)
- Stir until liquid is clear (5-10 minutes)
- Take off stove
Now that we’ve covered the basics, we’ll dive into our favorite ways to use CBD isolate with these five fun DIY CBD projects!
5 Best DIY CBD Projects
Blend your own Honey
Who doesn’t love honey? With all the awesome health benefits of organic raw unfiltered honey, it seems like the perfect partner for CBD. Infusing two of nature’s greatest healers into one tasty treat – what more could you want? If you’re reading this you probably have a pretty good idea of what CBD does. But did you know honey is naturally loaded with a ton of benefits as well?
Honey naturally provides:
- Anti-Oxidant boost
- Anti-Infection properties
- Reduces Allergies
- Digestive aide
- Sore throat relief
Using the double boiling method we’ll infuse CBD isolate and coconut MCT oil. Once we’ve infused the MCT oil we’ll begin the process of infusing CBD honey.
What you’ll need:
- 1 gram of CBD Isolate
- MCT Coconut Oil (about a teaspoon)
- Local-Raw-Unfiltered Honey
- Spices and Scents (Preference: Add lavender or Cinnamon, or others as desired)
How to Make CBD Honey:
- Infuse CBD isolate with coconut MCT oil
- Mix spices or herbs with CBD infused MCT oil
- Pour MCT oil into dish and clean top pot
- Reset double boiler
- Once water is simmering use a thermometer to track temperature (honey should be mixed below 95 degrees to avoid losing potency)
- Pour honey and CBD infused MCT oil into the top pot
- Stir honey and CBD oil for 20-30 minutes (Mix well)
- Remove pot and pour honey into a container of your choice (store in fridge to keep longer)
It is important to not use high temperatures as not to lose the potency of either your CBD or your honey. We recommend local-raw-unfiltered honey because of its wide range of health benefits including allergy reduction and healing properties.
Make your own natural cough drops
Cough drops can be essential for making it through the cold and flu season. With legitimate concern surrounding the ingredients in over the counter drugs – why not make your own natural cough drops that double as immune boosters?
What you’ll need:
- 1 Gram of CBD Isolate
- 1 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup of Honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
(Pro Tips: Use local honey to gain additional benefits surround local allergens. Other essential oils and plant-based supplements can be added as you like) This recipe should produce 50 cough drops at 20mg a piece. In order to infuse these natural ingredients together we will use the double boiling method highlighted above.
- Use the double boiling method to infuse CBD isolate with MCT coconut oil. (Mix well for five minutes)
- Add honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, and other natural boosts – stir for five minutes
- Divide cough drop mix into ice trays (1/4-1/2 full)
- Once frozen – place cough drops in a jar to store in the fridge
CBD Infused Guacamole
Everyone loves guacamole, make everyone’s favorite dip a bit more relaxing with a touch of CBD.
What You’ll Need:
- Avocados (4-6)
- Limes (1-2)
- cup of diced red onion
- 5 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- Tomatoes (1-2 diced)
- Jalapenos (5 diced)
- Serranos (3-5 diced)
- Garlic (4-5 cloves diced)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 1 Gram CBD Isolate
- 1 tablespoon Coconut, Avocado, or Olive Oil
- Use the double boiling method to infuse 1 gram of CBD Isolate with 1 tablespoon of preferred carrier oil
- Mash avocados until no longer chunky
- Add onion, cilantro, tomatoes, peppers, garlic, and CBD infused carrier oil – Mix well
- Add lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste – Mix well
Be sure to taste test along the way and sprinkle in more of what you feel is needed. CBD guacamole is always a crowd pleaser.
Infused Massage Oil
Whether giving your significant other a shoulder rub or you’ve booked yourself some time at a spa, massages are one of the greatest gifts one could receive. Infuse the massage oil with CBD and you’ll be left in disbelief after undergoing one of the most relaxing moments of your life. If you’ve spent any time on our website you may have seen CBD topicals or at least read briefly about them, and if you’ve ever tried one you understand the hype. For those who haven’t tried a CBD topical, before you spend your money try making your own and see just how powerful infused topicals are. DIY CBD massage oil contains all of the relaxing, pain relieving benefits from CBD that help your body heal and recover naturally.
What You’ll Need:
- 10 Drops of geranium oil
- 2 tablespoons Jojoba Oil
- 10 drops of your choice essential oil – Lavender, Eucalyptus, Patchouli, Rosemary
- 1 gram CBD Isolate
- 2 tablespoons Coconut MCT Oil
- Use the double boiling method to fuse your CBD powder into the MCT oil. Stir until blended.
- Once cool, mix your infused MCT oil with the geranium, Jojoba, and essential oil.
- That’s it! Once mixed you have your massage oil, pour into a container of your choice and enjoy!
CBD Pesto is great for workout warriors and meal preppers, anyone on the journey of healthy living.
- Simply use the double boiling method to infuse CBD isolate with MCT oil or Olive Oil (For an extra Italian taste).
- Mix CBD infused carrier oil with pesto or pasta sauce of your preference
Making CBD infused pesto is that easy! Why not get more out of your sauce? CBD infused sauces are so popular we have a whole series of blogs dedicated to CBD infused BBQ sauce. Check out our CBD infused BBQ sauce recipes here.
Where to Buy CBD Isolate Online?
CBD Isolate can be difficult to find these days. That is why we make it a priority to make pure CBD isolate accessible to our entire community. Too many people aren’t getting the medicine they need because of high prices and low availability. While most companies are scared off by selling customers raw materials we embrace it. We want to empower our community by giving you the materials needed to make your own CBD infused products. Why pay $70.00+ for a topical you could make yourself? So if you’re looking to buy CBD isolate online – you can rely on Bloom to have CBD isolate in stock. Each batch of CBD Isolate includes lab results.
If you have any questions about how to use CBD isolate or CBD, please reach out to us on social media @bloom_hemp